RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>......Actually, it's the opinion of many that overblowers are
>masochists
>>>who just need things to be >harder.  But that's all besides the
>point.  The
>>>point is what the music sounds like.
>>
>>>Thanks, Richard Hunter

Well I already posted a recant of my thoughts on altered harps so no
need to discuss that further. OB'ing is not any harder then anything
else on the harp. IF you want to discuss difficult techniques about
blow bending on the bottom two octaves without a valved harp.  I have
yet to hear another player be able to bend a blow note more than a
quarter tone. And I have NEVER heard any player blow bend any note
below hole four.

altered harps have their own problems-

just listen to people attempt to bend in tune on an XB40! -or any harp for that matter

different layouts will catch you up if you are (like most) a Richter guy
and--

wouldn't the renegades amongst us still be overblowing an altered tuning?

I wonder if people who play altered tuning chromatics, (Bill Barrett, Brendan Power) still use their slides? I will check up and get back to y'all.

BTW, who is this iron mike dude?

Michael "Iron Masochist" Peloquin
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025