Re: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

Avenger of the downtrodden writes:

How many of you actually know why you are playing what you are
playing when you are playing? If someone put a gun to your head could
you play a Dm arpeggio on a C harp right now?  How many could play a
3rd inversion F major arppegio without thinking? How about an Fm7b5
arppegio?  These are rudementary skills that most other
instrumentalist learn in the first few weeks of lessons. Theory does
not care how you get your notes or if you have an altered instrument.

Hyperbole at it's best, who needs Iron Mike when we have Chris? For a guy who bowed out of playing Night in Tunisia because the venue had become too contentious you sure seem to be throwing down the gauntlet an awful lot. I realise the next paragraph in your post qualifies the above but why say it if you have to take it all back at the end? Is the goal here a discussion or taking jabs at people? I'm really curious. fjm