RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

Richard Hunter wrote:
> The point is what the music sounds like.

I think it's been pretty clearly stated here in these threads that
no instrument is ideally suited for all music, and I mean not just
for broad styles of music but for individual pieces of music as
well.  Adding overblows to harmonica technique, even at the top of
the game, doesn't make it a chromatic harmonica or a saxaphone or a
trumpet or a piano, any more than adding a button and windsavers
makes a harmonica a blues harp (or a saxaphone or a trumpet or a
piano).

Multi-instrumentalists are so because they want to express
themselves in ways that a single instrument *can't*, not because one
instrument is better or easier or more expressive than another.

The point is what the music *sounds* like.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/