re: [Harp-L] Throat Vibrato - Finally

Great news!

You may be doing this already, but now (or soon) you should be able to do
all bends and overblows just by shaping your throat. I do not know if this
is the state of the art for everything, but I believe it is a required
component of good tone at least for some notes.

One thing you can try is to lightly touch the back of your bottom teeth as
you bend. You get a better feeling of where your tongue is and it opens up
the throat. I believe placing your tongue up around there is helping me get
the 3d* bend stabilized and in tune. I am still working on nailing that note
(any tip there would be appreciated?). I have good tone on the note now, I
just need to be able to hit it in key and hold it everytime.

I find the effect of bending 'only' from throat particularly visible on blow
bends as it creates less of a tight/squeezed sound on the high notes. Also
it seems to add colour to these notes. For overblows seems to me they come
mostly from the throat, but I am not playing those notes in key, so get
expert advice elsewhere.

Pierre.

3d* = Bb =  3d first bend