[Harp-L] Jazz players....

I wrote:

> We have William Galison, Mike Turk,
>and Gregoire Maret. Think we could come
>up with 47 more?

fjm responded, with characteristic brevity:

>Name 3 top of the game alto sax players,
>now name 47 more.

The point I was trying to make, which I had hoped was apparent in light of my earlier post, is that you don't *have* to be a top-of-the-game sax player to play complex jazz (whether the playing is moving or has something to say is a different question). Berklee probably turns out a good number of sax players every year who can cover a significant portion of the jazz repertoire, musically, in every key, and at real tempos. While the absolute number of chromatic harmonica players in the world who can play jazz at a similar level is miniscule.

George