[Harp-L] The Power of Serendipity

Serendipity is a powerful god and if you are playing a piece that perhaps
you should not on the harmonica because no amount of practice will make it
"acceptable" in it's genre, sometimes out of this mess comes a new insight
into technique for something totally unrelated.

Also amazing things happen.  Baker told me that flutists used to attempt the
Ibert Concerto when they got their Masters from Juilliard and now undergrads
nail it for their entrance exam.  My teacher, Andrew Lolya, was in a
recording session with a famous tuba player who after about 20 takes managed
to record this 32nd note jumping passage and Andy said, "You know what
you've done; every kid hearing this will think that you must be able to do
this to play the tuba well and they will come to music school able to nail
the passage!"

This kind of discussion about pushing the envelope really excites me; this
is what the Internet can do at its best.

BTW, Chris, if you could send me back my pedal that you use to get OB's and
the pitch machine,  I would be happy.  As for your tone, which I love, that
Pod is doing wonders!

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio