Re: [Harp-L] No Excuse Jazz Howard Levy

Larry posts:
Like it or not, up until recently, diatonic was not an instrument used to absorb the repertoire - tons of jazz tunes.

So, perhaps Howard shouldn't be considered a prime example, as diatonic was not his primary instrument.

Carlos del Junco is one of the pioneers in diatonic only playing the repertoire.
Carlos is a great player and a pioneer on 10 hole(primary), but I would not call him a jazz player. A jazzy blues guy.

I believe Chris M. also has diatonic as his primary.
yes, and he is a jazz player

Mike Turk was chromatic first and then some diatonic jazz repertoire.
diatonic 1st, I believe
Michael Peloquin - repertoire on sax and then applied to diatonic?
I believe this loser learned everything in this order diatonic, chrom, sax- all interchangeable to some degree
Randy Singer - harmonica only, but chromatic first and then diatonic?
what is HE doing in this discussion?
seriously, Randy is a guitar player that doubles on harp better than most that are primary harp players

(all the above are lies, told to me by rosco)
Michael Peloquin
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025