[Harp-L] alterd harps rethought

After further thought and a long nap, I'm retracting my statement on
altered harps and laziness.  I originally thought some marketing guy
was thinking..."Our field experts are saying people want to be able
to play in minor keys but have trouble doing so.  This new product
will make it easier for them..."

I'm concluding that Lee Oskar was the main force behind the altered
harps.  He certainly is a steller musician and could play what he
wants.  He altered his harps because of the tonal variances between
note generation techniques.  To it's for the sound rather than the
ease of use.  That's a valid reason in my book. I used altered harps
before as mostly an effect or to do the "lee oskar thing" during a
live show.  Altered harps can be cool indeed.

Harp on in peace brothers,

The Avenger.

Chris Michalek

"it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have
it."  - Mr Figglesby regarding musical prowess