RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

I've been reading these posts and can't help but chuckle at how a simple
little wonderful instrument like the harmonica can be the basis of such adamant
elitist posturing. When did music become such a vehicle for one-up-manship?

IMHO, here's the root of the problem - the concept that playing one or more
overblows makes one a better or more advanced musician is what is *really*
"abunchofhooey."

The argument that what the audience thinks is most important works both ways.
I think the audience frequently reacts more to showmanship than musicianship.
Lay on the floor, walk the bar, go wireless, dress nice and the audience will
love ya. They don't know or care about embossing, gapping, how many reads are
being bent in which slot in which direction. Sad, for many of us harp geeks,
but true.

Me? I'll just work on timing, tone, feel, groove, texture, and expanding my
musicality in as many ways as I can.

Andy Vincent