[Harp-L] Re : Not fair to the Chromatic

Hurricane Sez :

I gotta agree  with Robert Bonfiglio about the volume you can kick out with a chromatic harmonica vs. a diatonic  , chrome's scream and I knew this from early on since it was the first harmonica ( a old 270 Hohner when I was about 11 years old in 1960 ) that my parents reacted negatively towards when I was in my room with the door closed blowing on it and them coming to my room to asked me to go outside if I was going to make so much " noise " heh heh , I don't recall that happening to me while blowing on my diatonics in my room with the dooe closed ever , only if I was in the same room as others with the TV on , .. ahh the TV , one of my major sources ( TV ) of many a musical inspriration and learning experience for me as a kid blowing my harmonica(s) to as a motion picture's sound track did it's magic . I was a source of irratation to my family if I noodled around the TV playing my harmonica(s) to the sound track as others in the room soon would ask me to leave so they could listen in " peace " to the TV heh heh , diatonic or chromatic .

My Super 64 in mahh beeeg old hands is really loud , it is noticably louder to my wife , daughter & grandson when I switch from diatonic to chromatic , their eyes say it all when I play them acoustically at home ... Now with a bullet mic or a Sure SM58 plugged in to a P.A.  or my tube amp there is no difference they both scream :) , they is both bad boys hoy hoy hoy ....

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx