RE: [Harp-L] OB, CX or XB?

You guys who aren't a part of our superduper special overblow club
just read and comprehend what you want. Read what I wrote again,
you'll see that  I said there ARE exceptions.....  I never mentioned
odd instruments. I'd rather have Bernard Purdie on cardboard boxes
and soup cans than Joe six-pack with his million dollar drumset. I'd
rather have Rosco on an out of the box weltmeister than than Pitch
Puptent on an altered marine band customized by Philip Isko

It is the opinion of many that folks who ise altered intstruments are
those that can not do it on regular ones. Why else would they alter
it? This often means they can not cut it as a "real" musician because
they are lazy or need things to be easier... of course there ARE
exceptions. ie: the maestro Richard Hunter

The argument about the overblows not sounding as good as the other
notes is what I like to call "abunchofhooey"  as I mentioned before
it's only other harmonica players that mention the issues with
overblows.  What really matters is what the audience thinks and I've
never had a person come up to me and say "hey that sounded great
except for those funky sounding notes that you hit every other
second...." I've had this very discussion with other members of our
super duper elitest overblow club and they concur.

So think what you want and do want you feel is best for you.  I agree
with Bonfiglio that OB'ing is a fake technique for those in the know
us OB'ers actually use a foot pedal button to get that note few
people can.