To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 1:14 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Christmas Songs on Harmonica

The day after Thanksgiving (USA) is one of the best busking days of the
year. We'll be out in force with harmonica, slide guitar, and bass
(playing through Crate Taxi and Limo amps).

We play a mix of real Christmas songs -- Deck the Halls, Silent Night, God
Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen -- and blues songs with Christmas lyrics --
Hoochie Coochie Rudolph, Road House Blues Frosty, etc.

My favorite Christmas song is "God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman". It's a great
song, and plays wonderfully on a Lee Oscar Natural Minor. We kind of mix
this song up and play it reggae style, jazzy, and straight.

Anybody else got any favorite Christmas songs?