[Harp-L] Re: 1) Mark Graham 2) Overhauling the kit

<< 1) I heard an album of bluegrass covers of Bob Dylan tunes by Tim O'Brien yesterday. One cut -- the best on the CD, in my opinion -- featured Mark Graham, who I understand is Nashville-based, blowing what sounded like 1st position diatonic. It was terrific harp playing, brilliant use of dynamics, vibrato, and other tonal effects. I look forward to hearing more from this player.>>

Richard,

Mark is not only an amazing player, he's a brilliantly witty songwriter. He has a weird website here : http://www.mongrelfolk.com/

I've been meaning to find a way to get hold of his "The Funniest Songs in the World (2000)" for ages... He's got a record out there called "Southern Old-time Harmonica (2000)" which is presumably what it says. And finally, he has garnered much admiration from those who play Irish music through his collaboration(s) with Kevin Burke.

Ben