[Harp-L] Re: Overblowing Hoopla Demystified

Dear Forum members : ( ooooo ain't we gettn sweet here )

Hurricane Sez :

O.K. Over Blowers Over Achievers , and Over Blunderers :

Some one mentioned it's a religious order or a special club to be a member of ..... mebbeeeee .....

Some mention it is over rated ... hmmm this I can not agree with at all . Sounds like a jealouse kid who wants something they can't have .

Then some one said it is not a priority .. To over blow or to not that is the question ..... O.K. ... that being the situation ......

Here's something to ponder and or get P.O'd on .

It is this simply put about OVER Blowing , it is another way around the mountain , some take the high road some the low , but if one stays the course and is the type who seeks excellence in harpdom ( we're talking a person who does " want it all " and is totally committed to seeking out as much information on the harp ) then over blowing is a natural move in adding more variety , power , texture & expression to you playing that's all .

Typical response to the contrary are viewed by those who have crossed into over blowing as comments made by those who just don't have it down for what ever reason and seem a tad chided ,  jealous and or jaded because they have not made the grade .

Again Hurricane Sez :

.... Get over it ... Pick yourself up and get back on that horse again !

¿ Why do those who have made the grade in over blowing seem cocky , overly confident or just a big bunch of braggers to those who have not .... ?

Well I can say from personal experience I was one of those who put over blows down and was -- jealous too , and ticked off I couldn't pull them off - - for years mind you till - - - , one day it happened and I realized it and went ballistic improving and refining my over blow technique .....  We're talkin the 1970's baby !

Before you walk ya got to crawl ( yeah it's humiliating I know so what , tuff up light weights ) , before you can run you have to learn to walk first too . So take it in stride ( pardon that pun ) , newbies crawl ( I was one too ya know way back in the 50's & 60's) , then they struggle up to their feet and toddle , tumble but like a weeble and they don't fall down ( well almost never once there ) and continue to improve their technique(s) as they improve from crawling , to wakling, and then on to bigger greater musical horizons .

Seasoned players know just what I'm talking about , but , those slowly getting there or not getting there at all are reading this are probably thinking by now thinking ....

¿ HUH ?

Is this guy for real or just full of it .. maybe I am .. but I can over blow with the best :) - - - So there ! LOL ! - - -

So ..........

Crawl you suckers ... I did , so did everyone that has accomplished the " impossible " over  blow technique as it is termed by those who try again and again and fail  ( just as I did and others ) miserably  , but like a Phoenix came out of the ashes as the fabled Super Thunder Bird , blowing some serious stuff and the minds of those who are still in the corridors of confusion trying to pull off over blows ! !

Conclusion :

I know it sounds corny , I thought it was too but learned like the rest

- - - When you hit the wall be happy , discovery is around the next musical corner  - - - it could be a short country town block or a giant super block like in Moscow , London , Paris , Chicago , Los Angeles , Mexico City , Buenos Aires , Montreal or Tokyo  , what ever , get going and don't stop till, you get there .

Patience , dedication , practice and above all else believing in yourself too will get you there , but , YMMV .

Many beginners first saw the harmonica played by some one who set them on fire with inspiration ( as the Harmonicats did me ) and do not realize to make this journey to this level of excellence takes years of study  ....

Get that - - years - -  at it . . . . , and at it regularly ( oooooooooooo there's that accursed word coming up again ) practicing HARD like there is no tomorrow till you nail it .

So newbies that wanna go fo it :

- - - - Hah hah hah get with the program and don't complain because no one put a gun to your head :) And treat us to your accomplishment when you nail it .

Sometime week ender type players :

 ---- Disregard everything above and go about your way and enjoy the harmonica as you see fit , no fooling I mean have a ball , just don't respond negatively to this , in fact there is no need to comment at all .

Serious Guys & Gals who have been at a while ..

Just what the heck are you doing read this - - Get off you lazy butts and PRACTICE  ! ! ! ! LOL .

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx