Fwd: Re: [Harp-L] Adler and Django got hot rhythm

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Howard Chandler
<chandler@xxxx> wrote:
>Winslow,
>
>I haven't gotten the CD yet so
>I haven't had a chance to figure out what
>key it (Rhythm) was played in.

I just listened to the snippet of I Got Rhythm. It's definitely in C,
and it's on a C-harp. That chordal version of the head melody is a
dead giveaway. Much of what he plays is an outgrowth of the same
basic movement strategy:

- play a blow note
- play the draw note in the same hole(s)
- continue to play the draw note and press in the slide
- continue to play the draw note and release the slide

Repeat, possibly in another hole. Potentially start at another point
in the same movement sequence. String a bunch of these together real
fast for a long run.

Winslow