RE: [Harp-L] Basic Overblowing question

From: "samblancato" <samblancato@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Guys,
A local buddy of mine
who plays harp an dis on this list went about learning overblowing and
picked it up right away (he's way better whatn me) and he told me, yeah,
it's interesting but he's not sure what to do with it now, his playing
hasn't evolved any since learning overblowing.
start with only 1 overbow

as Jervis posted, Tinus does have an excellent site
http://www.overblow.com
http://www.tenhole.com

learn how and then only focus on this overblow:
6 OB gives you the minor 3rd note of the scale-BLUE NOTE #1!
this is the same note as (1 octave below) 3 draw bent down 1/2 step (1st bend)

this is a great place to start, especially if the player's theory knowledge is not really there.
small steps will make big gains (or some such Zen approach blahblahblah)
Michael Peloquin
http://www.globerecords.com/cgi-bin/db/search.cgi?specific=itemno&phrase=GLO-025