Re: [Harp-L] Hello! Beginner - Interested in Blues

Thanks for all the quick replies!

One follow up question.  The exact type of Hering harp that
I can get seems to be called the "Hering Blues" harp.

It's odd, this catalog only has a extremely general description
of the harp... size, thickness, weight.. the body is ABS,
steel (chromatic) coverplate, 10 holes....

In the picture of the Harp, I see it has the words "Hering Blues"
across the top... That is guessed what I mentioned above.  Is this
a decent Harp?  I hear that beginnin with a low quality Harp can
cause problems.  From what I hear so far it seems that Hering in
general is alright.

>From everyones comments, I think I'll start with a C, and if I like it,
and end up sticking with it, switch over to an A, so that I can
play with friends on guitar or something in songs that are in the key of
E someday.

Thanks for the quick feedback all,

Harvey

--