[Harp-L] jason ricci and new blood is up on archive.org

ok, gang.  dave barfield's recording of the 11/11/04 jason ricci
and new blood show is up on archive.org at:
http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=19981

this is a stellar recording of a smokin' show.  sit back, close
your eyes, and you're there.  if you're unsure, check out "My
Head Is A Bad Neighborhood" to get an idea of what you're in for.
or try the kickass "Same Thing".  or feed your head on "Reverse
Technology", a tribute to coltrane with "Mr. PC", "Afro Blue", and
"My Favorite Things" in it.  or an alternately blistering and spacy
"Feel Good Funk > Jam > Turkish Coffee > Amazing Grace >
Turkish Coffee" that spans 40 minutes or so  (that's jazz flutist
herbie mann's Turkish Coffee).

the band is great, and really tight (they tour 300 nights a year).
and jason plays harp like you've never heard it, or even imagined
it, played before.  awesome show.

ps.  as a bonus, our own ben nathanson plays on "help me"
and "scratch my back".  sweet.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.