Re: [Harp-L] Re: Harmonica Challenge

On Nov 22, 2004, at 6:14 PM, jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

How is it that the "whole thing has gone too far" when it hasn't even started yet?

Yeah, I laughed at that one too. Funny but I suspect challenges (and such) are usually begun by people who ALREADY know the tune well enough to have the answer(s)? Well, maybe I'm wrong.

If its the
Aebersold issue that is easily solved by using Band-in-a-Box, midi or I'm sure I could even get a
real jazz trio to donate a backing track without too much difficulty.

You know a real Jazz trio. We used to tie drum sticks to our dogs and have them beat on pots and pans and step on our cat's tails and have our parakeets hit their bells with their beaks.

Chris asks "What's the point? To see if it can be played on the harmonica? It can. And can be
done so convincingly." Well yes that is largely the point. And without trying to be rude, I
hope Chris will excuse me if I don't take his word for it. Show me.

Uh oh, I see a gauntlet flying across the border into Arizona.

What does it say about the legitimacy of overblowing as an approach to harmonica if only 5 players
in the whole world are up to the challenge? Not even 5 percent? Just 5 players? And one of
those 5 declines to demonstrate. Hmmmm.

Speaking of Hmmmm, I found it interesting that someone would actually know the number of players who COULD handle the tune. Very ESPish, if you ask me......so whose asking you?.....OK, I'll shut up. :)
smo-joe