Re: * Re: Re: [Harp-L] Re: OB's

On Nov 20, 2004, at 8:07 PM, Steve Shaw wrote:

Chris Michalek wrote:

>Well that's better than me.  I don't have any fully functional harp
>right now.  I blew them all out.  I was forced to play an out of the
>box Sp20 last weekend - Good thing it was only a blues gig....

You had harps? For weeks I've had to hum into my hands and hope no-one
would notice. Good thing it was only a Scottish fiddle gig.

Winslow

So, one downmanship huh? Well, for months I've been managing with a blade of grass stretched between ma two thumbs....good thing it was only bluegrass....

Steve

You guys need to quit whining. After the hurricanes (3), all we have left are Palm fronds. We have to glue them to a comb and then tie the comb to our hands with rubber bands.

Which brings up a good point. Much doo-doo has been cast as to why overblows & overdraws are good, and why custom harps are good.
On the one hand we have (I believe) Tim Moyer? say that he has only 1 or 2 operational harps and about TWO HUNDRED he can't play.
On the other hand Chris the Arkangel of the downtrodden says that he has blown out all HIS harps.

question: why?.......ahaaaa, that's right......I rest my case......JoJo