[Harp-L] Re: Microvox Mic

I really, conversely, like the sound of my Microvox system ( I have two - one as a back-up ). And as Sam says it is highly feedback resistant - which allows me to use effects pedals, of the type that would normally cause gain-induced feedback. The wah problem isn't a problem at all for me as I do most of my tone shaping in-throat and mouth. As with a cupped standard mic I do find that the tone quality, using a Microvox, changes markedly ( from round, fat, and deep with a sealed cup, to open, sharp, and and metallic, with a partially open cup ) by lifting 1-2-or 3 fingers off of the cup - or by playing without the full 2 hand cup, and instead playing for short periods with one hand semi-cupped over harp and mic for another useful tonal color. I also regularly use vintage dynamic Shures & EV's but have never cared much for bullet mic's as they feel clumsy to me and take up too much of my hand-cup tonal chamber. I do have a beautifully crafted 'hot element' custom-made Turner bullet with a volume pot, but it usually gathers dust - although I would look ( but not sound ) much cooler with a bullet
For What It's Worth.
Roger "wader" Boyce