Re: [Harp-L] Re: OB style Klezmer on the diatonic - introducingJasonRosenblatt

> Learning to play overblows opened doors for me.  After almost 30 years of
> playing, it boosted me from a long, flat plateau, and got me interested in
> what I could do with a harmonica.  Overblown notes aside, the development
> of the technique -- the breath control, the embouchure control, etc. that
> it requires -- changed forever the way I play the instrument and made me a
> better harmonica player, whether or not I use them.  Listening to other
> players who use overblows -- Carlos Del Junco, Howard Levy, Greg
> Szlapczynski, and the many overblow players I met at SPAH -- made me a
> better musician.  I'm certainly not saying anyone who overblows is a
better
> musician than anyone who doesn't.  There are lots of great harp players
who
> don't use overblows.

I hope no one thought I was advocating not working on overblows. I use them
myself, modestly but more than many. I recognise, however, that there are
limits to what sounds good to my ears, and that's not just when I play them,
but when listening to others playing them to.

Ben