[Harp-L] How to Paddy Richter my new XB40...

I finally got hold of an XB40 in G today (they're about as easy to come by as rocking horse s**t this end), and I'm optimistic that I'll be getting a low D pretty soon!

I shouldn't need to retune, right, because all the notes are "there." Regardless of that, I feel I need to do this in the light of my own limitations (trouble hitting accurate bends super-fast with no slurring).

I am reasonably adept at retuning reeds but I haven't yet got my head round what I may need to do with the two reeds involved with that note. I just wondered if anyone has done this and/or could give me any advice/cautions.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

Ps. Definition of frustration: XB40 arrives in post at 11.35 a.m. Wife drags me out on marathon shopping trip at 11.40 a.m........

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica

Steve's CD of mostly traditional Irish, "Blowing Through The Reeds," is now available! Hear clips at http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger