Re: [Harp-L] Re: a little more philosophy

----- Original Message -----
From: G
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 8:14 PM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Bending at the back of the throat

>In a message dated 11/18/04 5:02:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>gigs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>> - force yourself to find a way
>> to bend notes when tongue blocking
>
>I'm a strong advocate for changing the way you speak think to yourself as a
>means to achieving your goal faster.
>"Forcing yourself" to do anything "feels" negative and difficult. Reframe
>this if you can into "exploring the new world of TB". Get excited about it
rather than having it become something you "have to do in order to finish
your
>homework before you can go out to play".
>Remember, the best players make it look effortless and fun.
>The Iceman

You've read a lot into my choice of words that simply isn't there.
I enjoy practicing, and I'm pleased with the outcome of pushing myself.

-- G.
_____This is a little like being self employed,  I do not HAVE to get up at any special time, ......but the down side is that I do not HAVE to get up at any special time. My father use to tell me "If you want to you don't have to, but if you do not want to, then it becomes a have to" That is the way I view my practice time.  I enjoy playing so much that it seems that other things get in the way.
__Since reading the threads regarding bending when TBing, I have been working on this technique, and find it exciting to actually be able to do it after the second or third try.   Thank you for the help.
Ozark Doyle