Re: [Harp-L] XLR to 1/4" adapter

Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 19:20:03 -0500
From: "Bob Maglinte" <bbqbob917@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] XLR to 1/4" adapter
To: "Michael Fugazzi" <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>, <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Like the Shure A85F
http://www.shure.com/accessories/a85f.asp?PN=Problem%20Solvers
or   Archer 274-016
  Ideally you want to use a balance XLR to XLR cable between the mic and
the adapter so any noise is canceled out.  The transformer in the Impedance
Adapter will do this.

  If you have a high impedance mic with XLR jack (Blues Blaster), make sure
the XLR to 1/4" cable is shielded (coax, sheild properly wired to
earth/ground at both ends of the cable). Unbalanced signal (eg. high
impedance) without shielding causes signal lose and noise and/or hum.
Regardless keep the cable under 20'.

-- G.