Re: [Harp-L] XLR to 1/4" adapter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Fugazzi" <mfugazzi67@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2004 5:33 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] XLR to 1/4" adapter

Can anybody suggest a good adpater from going from an
XLR vocal mic to the 1/4" jack of an amp?  I see Shure
has several, but I don't really know which is best for
a harmonica rig.

Thanks

Mike

=====
Mike Fugazzi
Vocals/Harmonica
2nd EXIT Band
"The Crossroads of Rock'n'Blues"
http://www.2ndexit.com

Hi Mike,
If you're using a Low-z mike like an SM 57/58 and you want to use it with a guitar amp, what you want would be a matching line transformer for that, but if you were using a newer JT30/Hohner Blues Blaster which has an X:R connector, BUT are already high impedance, you DO NOT want a matching line transformer, but an adapter and on http://www.jt30.com, they have that there.

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com