RE: [Harp-L] Lip block/bending/tone (long)

Hi,
while reading Michelle´s abbreviated report :) about the bending technic
I got a little idea similar to the passage in my "Engraving musical
impressions" where I said that one can "train" a melody noiseless
without any instrument by imagining the tune in mind only.

An experienced harper can bend or overblow a note by at least
2 1/2 steps. But there´s a possibillity to do that over several octaves.
Indeed, whistling a melody is nothing else and can be performed
noiseless as well. It illustrates pretty good how the lips and the tongue
change their position depending from the pitch of the notes.

Siegfried