Re: [Harp-L] OB style Klezmer on the diatonic - introducing JasonRosenblatt

Chris Michalek said:

I guarantee you that I am not "misunderestimating" the ob crowd.  I
have heard most of them at one time or another and I maintain there
are only a few who can do it right.

Just wondering what criteria you use when evaluating what is "doing it right"?

All I can see is there is tone and there is intonation. Other issues like musicality are not strictly OB issues; they are common to all musicians.

BTW I'm not trying to defend OB artist, just trying to gain some insight.

You need not answer, I realize this subject may be embarassing although maybe people need to learn; there are not many to coach them.

Pierre

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Michalek" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>