RE: [Harp-L] Lip block (was "Any Help out there.")

Hi,

I followed the discussions about the different ways of embouchure always
with interest since I joined the list.

Michelle posted her experiences with lip blocking and caused me to think
once again about my own way to produce a single note. I say "once again"
because my first dealing with the embouchure was when I learned that
Toots is a "bloody" puckerer.

At first, I couldn´t believe that such a master uses an embouchure I up to
then considered the way kids are doing when learning to play harp.

Normally, list contributions only deal with the two main kinds of
embouchure: puckering and tongue blocking. Of course, a real new
newcomer doesn´t know either this nor that one but plays 100 notes
at once, do we remember?

Now I read consciously for the first time about lip blocking and was curious
about the sound difference. I myself cover 3 holes with the tongue and
play the next hole right to the tongue. So, I maybe a TBer though I thought
in the beginning that TB is only used to play octaves.

Heehe, when I tried LP I had at first some problems where to put the tongue
but
then it worked. Ahaaah, and no I´ll stay at TB because I simply can play
louder.

OK, just my observation, forget it.

Siegfried