Re: [Harp-L] jason ricci @ mexicali blues

> the good news is that my friend dave barfield showed up,
> and recorded this tasty show.  listening today, the tape
> sounds great.  once i get through carving
> it up, i'll be making it available at archive.org, and
> maybe BT or other means, as well (with jason's concurrence).
> this music really *needs* to get out.  and jason really deserves
> to be heard by a much wider audience.

Please do keep us posted. Especially considering I now contribute to the
programming of one of the major French harp festivals, and having something
to listen to goes a long way towards convincing people it's worth investing
in.

I wonder why no one has connected Jason with the jamband scene actually. I
would imagine that he'd easily fit in and it would be a great way to get
better recognition not from the blues or harp scene (these mean nothing in
terms of recognition) but from a wider jam rock scene. You know, doing
Warren Haynes Benefit Concert in the winter and Bonnaroo in the summer would
definitely put him on the map...

Ben