[Harp-L] A Night In Tunisia

If I am reading Richard's recent post correctly, he is suggesting in a humorous way that we would be better off attempting A Night In Tunisia on the button chromatic harmonica. It is the case, however, that my instrument is the so-called diatonic harmonica. I am in awe of multi-instrumentalists, including those, like Rob Paparozzi, William Galison, and Richard Hunter, who can play hell out of both a button chromatic and a "diatonic" harmonica. But I am not one of them. Criticize the results of my efforts on "diatonic," but don't suggest that I should be playing another instrument. Or do. I guess that is part of what Harp-L is all about.

Some of the things I have heard Richard play on his CX-12 would sound a lot better played on a saxophone, an instrument much better suited to the playing of jazz in my opinion.

George