[Harp-L] Others borrowing from us (was tidbits)

Mojo Red wrote:

"I don't know about other 'known' players doing
this, but the guitarist in my old band, Jimmy
Seville (now in San Diego) used to cop my licks
right and left. He loves the harp and would tailor
his licks around my playing. We'd often do
call-and-response and play in tandem.

He told me he often tries to play his guitar "as if
it were a harp," just because he likes the sound of
it so much."

Call and response between insturments always sounds
great.  I love when band members play insync too.
Jason Ricci does a lot of this.

I've noticed that I am just the opposite of your
friend.  I like to steal from guitar players.  In
order to get better at this I'll have to get better at
my overblows!  Borrowing from other insturments
whether it be for the licks, tone, whatever is an
excellent way to make your playing sound "fresh".

Borrow from whoever you can!!!

=====
Mike Fugazzi
Vocals/Harmonica