¿ Chicken Or Egg ? // , was Re: [Harp-L] harp player's tidbit[now others borrowing from us]

brad kava wrote:

"if you listen to the Sonny Boy version of "Help Me" and listen to the
 solos, you'll hear that Mr. Santana learned a lot from the harp. "

And

Robert McGraw sez :

" ---I recall reading an interview with Dicky Betts wherein he said that Duane Allman learned a bunch of Sonny Boy licks and played them on slide...we often talk about learning stuff from other instruments-saxaphone,etc-and using it on harmonica...anybody else got info about other instruments borrowing from harmonica?

WVa Bob "

Hurricane Sez  :

First off , Dicky Betts & Duane Allman ... I can't begin to tell ya just how flipped out I am on these too catz . WOW ! I could fill several pages on why I think that duo was a monster act that influenced many who went ballistic listening to them live like I did many times ( and the type audience that came to see these guys was a super group of music  listeners too just like the Santana audiences ) , those concerts ( The Allmen Bros. & Santana ) were as special as they get .

It really matters not if they copped ( Duane from Sonny & who can say how many others he was infuenced by and stole from and then Dicky by osmosis from Duane & others or Carlos for that matter :) stuff from Sonny or who Sonny copped his licks from ( and stole from too ) , what is "important is to listen and seek out as many different and diverse musicians you can my man :)

If use rhally wanna rip lahk dees dudes .... den finds outs who dey listed too :) ...... an den steals yo @$$ off !

Dey done et en ah anin'ta nah fool ana I's gonna gets sum of dat stuff too !

Sincerely :

HR

Aka :

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx