[Harp-L] Carlos Santana on Harp Players, Music in General, and Life as We Know It

>>My favorite line of his is also one of his simplest:
"A man's tone is his face."

A certain Chris Michaelek, who I believe has been known to avenge the
downtrodden when so inclined, responded thus-like:

--does that mean I have a soft tone?

In a word: no.  First of all, the logic can't be reversed willy-nilly, the
way these beatnick commanist League-of-Nations "hepsters" think it can.
Secondly of all, Mr. Michalek--if that is, indeed, your real name--having just
completed my first listening to the CD you so kindly sent me, I think "soft"--while
one of the colors (or colours, as the one-world Marcuse-lovin' he-shes would
spell it) you employ in your work, is the LAST word that your music (when taken
in a full adult dose) suggests.  On the serious tip, you are a powerhouse of
the first magnitude, and I am genuinely humbled by the pure force and
originality of your playing--in a world that hears a lot of the former and almost none
of the latter.  If music be the food of love--and the Birkenstock Bolsheviks
will try to convince you that it is--then play on, my brother--play on.

Any further questions will be be ignored as I settle in for a second listen.

Peace and Respect,
Johnny T