[Harp-L] Re:Tremolo or Reverb (and now, Delay?)

I tried tremelo while using a friend's 1960 Tweed Fender Vibrolux, and its
nice but seemed to run confusingly counter to my own more managable
(rhythmically) diamphram and/or throat vibrato. So my vote? Leave tremolo to the surf
guitarists.

Reverb to me muddies up the sound. I've tried on-board fender and Kendrick
reverb, and a stand alone Premier unit and again feel these are better suited to
guitar. The most usable for harp was the Premier standalone, which was nice
as it added a bit of gain and breadth to the sound.

Delay for me is where its at. I've used digital pedals (Ibanez) with some
success and have heard the Boss RV3 used by others. I now use what I once saw
William Clarke use: a Boss DM-2 analogue delay pedal and love it (except the 9v
battery drain on my gig pay - I get 2 - 4 hr gigs max if I remember to turn
pedal off and unplug the mic cord between sets). Analogue delay set at a very
short rate thickens up the sound just right for me.

To be honest, if money were no object, I'd get a tube EchoPlex and use it for
delay. I played through one once and it was the best, but maintenance, cost,
and size/weight have led me to the Boss DM-2 pedal.

Just my 2 cents

Andy Vincent