[Harp-L] Re: High A harmonica?

Hi,

> >   Can anyone clarify whether these are currently available in keys
> > other
> > than C?  Hohner's catalogue doesn't list the keys available.
> >
> > -- G.
> > _
>
>   Hi my good buddy Greg. An older Hohner catalogue lists the keys.
> (...)In any case, the keys listed for the Piccolo are Bb B C D E F G A and
> Cm Fm & Gm. These are STANDARD PITCH
> The Vest Pocket (SUB-model) is in G HIGH and A HIGH. These are ONE
> OCTAVE HIGHER than standard.
> ...... smo-joe

the Hohner Piccolo was once available in all 12 major keys with C as
the lowest keyed harp, this means G, Ab, A, Bb and B were an octave
higher than normal diatonics, later there were also 3 or 4
(can't remember exactly) minor keys available, but nowadays only the
C-Piccolo is produced.

I still have two high A and two high G Piccolos.

Seydel offers also a Piccolo-Harp in C and in G (I don't know if this
is a high G), but with a plastic comb.

Otto