[Harp-L] Re:Tremolo or Reverb (and now, Delay?)

>I think JP Pagan's response on this subject was excellent.
To my taste, a "cheesy reverb" (as one music partner used to
call it) from a mechanical spring unit (as in some old PA
heads or many amps) or an electronic device more closely
matches the older sound of, say, 50's Chi-town blues. A
delay may sound more modern to some ears and I will go to
that on a more modern tune or where I want a cleaner sound,
such as something jazzy.
I did use an inexpensive Danelectro reverb pedal for awhile,
and it was fun. I can't recall the model name, but surely
someone on the list will come up with it. Nowadays I use an
Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo. It's switchable between delay or echo
(natch) and  has three range choices for the speed of the
effect (I use the middle setting of 120 - 650 milliseconds)
and knobs for delay time, repeat, and delay level. I use
pretty moderate settings on these. I like the quality of
both effects with this pedal.
Enjoy experimenting with different settings for different
tunes or settle into a setting that gives you the holy grail
sound you've been seeking.
Bluesily,
Harmonica Blu
bluxpress@xxxxxxxxx