Re: [Harp-L] Harp-L IV compliation CD's I mentioned in my last e-mail

"Bill Lifford, CP" <blifford@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To everyone that e-mailed me about Harp-L IV,  I will send you the CD's.
> Just send back to me the amount on the postmark.  The blank CD's are only a
> few cents each.
>
> I originally meant this to be a goodwill thing to Cheechmail, because he was
> concerned about the Scorcher project, not a blanket reissue of Harp-L IV.
>
> I will send the CD's to everyone that has already emailed me, but I will
> need some help if any more of you want to get the CD's.  Any volunteers?  I
> will be glad to do it with a little support.  I have two kids and not much
> free time! :)

i can help out in some capacity.  but i wonder if it'd make sense, assuming
no one objected, to put these online somewhere where people could just
download them, rather than go to the trouble of shipping disks all over
the place.  presumably you'd want to do both, since not everyone has broadband.
but we might, for example, be able to put these up at the Internet Archive Project
site, archive.org.

> It was a pretty nice 3-CD set, but I'm thinking of converting everything to
> MP3 because then I could fit it all on one CD.  Would there be any
> objections to the format switch?  It would save me tons of time and effort.

if we put them online, we could do it in both formats.  i could pursue finding a
home for these online, if you think it'd be ok, and the original contributors were
ok with it.

----
Garry Hodgson, Technical Consultant, AT&T Labs

Be happy for this moment.
This moment is your life.