[Harp-L] Did Sonny Terry Do It Upsidedown

Harp_L List,

Has any one of you experienced harp enthusiasts / historians  heard that Sonny Terry played his diatonic harps literally turned upsidedown (IE with the high notes down where the low notes generally are).

Sonny Terry is one of my personal favourites for accoustic country blues harmonica (both to listen to and try to work out) and taking that the rumour I have heard is correct and Sonny did play with his instrument upsidedown, does anyone know if there are other players out there that use or have used this interesting harp orientation and if so are there any real benifits here?

Many thanks in advance...

Douglas Wright