[Harp-L] "old" players

Anybody who's gone to SPAH and heard players in their 80's blowing with
amazing power know the harmonica can be played well at about any age.  We
are so lucky because intonation and tone go on most older violin players and
dexterity is trouble with a lot of instruments, but ours as Monica would say
is oral so we don't loose dexterity and we don't loose intonation if we keep
the instrument in tune.

The harmonica is also the best instrument at keeping us young; we are all
kids on the harmonica.

Now this kid is off to the Rotterdam Philharmonic to play the Vaughan
Williams Romance for Harmonica, Strings and Piano.  8 minutes of wicked
licks; but if I can just stay mentally a kid, everything should be just
fine.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio