[Harp-L] NHC: a cry for help

Below is a letter sent to me by Paul Butterfield's son and fiancée to send
out to whomever can help them.  It is a pretty bad situation. The reference
they make to 6 days is now down to 4 days.

I have been in contact with them for several months regarding events they
have planned to honor Gabe's father. I finally had the chance to meet Gabe
Butterfield in Princeton NJ a few weeks ago. We attended the Musslewhite/Dr.
John concert. Salli is from Princeton. (They drove up from Florida to take
care of her own terminally ill mother for 2 month).

Earlier in the evening we sat and talked a little about their situation and
about Paul. Most of their expenses are either directly or indirectly related
to their health problems.  At the time they did not tell me things have come
down to the wire for them.  Salli is a very positive, upbeat person as well
as Gabe. They did a good job of keeping the evening from turning sour but I
could see that the cancer is slowly draining the life of a very beautiful
person, inside and out.

Attached to the letter below was correspondence between Salli and her
daughter that I snipped from here. It moved me to tears to read and know how
desperate things have come for them.

Part of the things they may loose in storage are Paul's instruments and
amps. I would hate to see Paul's legacy split up on an auction block by a
bunch of vultures on a carcass. It belongs with his son.

To date very few of Paul's friends have followed through in aiding them.
What has come in has only been enough to help them live day to day.

IF you can help please do so. I've made several phone calls today to Gabe
but no answer.  I'm hoping to find out if funds to help them can be donated
by credit card through the Fractured Atlas Group.

  I'm barely making it from payday to payday  but I think this is too
important to not help out even if it puts me deeper in debt.

The letter below was written by both Gabe and Salli.

on 11/5/04 2:18 PM, Salli Squitieri at