[Harp-L] Jam band harpmen

Anyone know any good harp players that play in jam bands besides Popper?
I've basically found myself smack dab in the middle of one and we're
getting some fantastic response around town. I'm struggling right now
because of our PA situation, though. We're gradually putting the
scratch together to buy one by opening for friends who DO have PA's
and that kind of thing. But because I've never had a monitor, I'm
constantly struggling to hear myself and can't play some of the
subtler things I've worked on at home. Spending all that time in the
woodshed  (my bedroom) has done me plenty of good, but I had no idea
how much good equipment can make a difference.

So...now that this post has wandered way off the track, I'll go it one
further. I THINK what I want is a mellow tone. I like a big fat tone
just as much as the next guy, but in the context of our band (two
acoustic guitars, me and a djembe player), I think I want something
pretty mellow. I tend to find myself playing lines that are fairly
cello-like (using the harp as atmosphere rather than melody), or
percussively and sometimes little melodies or licks that I've made up.
A lot of my stuff is blues-inspired, but usually I'm trying to mask
that influence rather than amplify it. So I'm needing some advice.
What kind of mics and amps and effects would help a guy like me?
Usually, I play through a bullet and my Crate VC-20 for small venues
and for larger ones, I'll play through the PA. I'm blowing SP20's and,
rarely, my CX-12. I'm looking to upgrade/change any of these elements
so I can find a better fit, so any suggestions welcome. :-)