[Harp-L] Tate at 70

Let me add my voice to the chorus. Happy birthday Doug! You have benefitted so many of us in so many different ways, it's really quite extraordinary. Just speaking for myself, there is so much to thank you for: introducing me to the glottal stop articulation and explaining it elegantly and understandably (it is now a foundation of my technique), giving me advice and encouragement at important moments, and inspiring me with the example of your life and your way of engaging people - these are three things that spring immediately to mind. Oh, and putting your shoulder to the wheel (with others, to be sure) to get the wagon of SPAH out of the mud at a particularly dark time. You are a force for good, and a strong one. You possess a rare combination of intelligence, wit, talent, generosity, and sheer energy. Many, many, many happy returns.