Re: uwRe: Acoustic question - beer question, no harp content - long

On May 29, 2004, at 10:20 PM, Pierre wrote:

> Funny you should mention beeer, I meen beeeeer, er beer, do they have
> good
> beeeeeer in the US?

  U.S. beer is swill.

>  Seems to me everything is blonde and always taste about
> the same, sort of like water.

  When we made beer, we would send the tailings out into the river (the
catfish were happy). NOW they bottle this pee and sell it as "lite or
lyte" beer. I call it "near-beer". It's just another way for a brewery
to sell something that ordinarily would go down the drain. This is why
the "real" beers are GONE.

>  What are your microbreweries like? Any good
> brown ales, refermented beers or good stouts ? What about north of
> Boston?
> Can you get these in pubs or do you have to drink them on the
> microbrewery
> premise? Can you buy them in stores? Been a while since I've been to
> the US.

  You

> Sorry,  too much beeerand whine er wein with supper...

  Funny you should say that. I spent the morning transplanting trees,
got thirsty and opened a bottle of Freixinet. Spent the rest of the day
in the pool..BLASTED. While swimming around the bottom brushing down
the quartzite, I almost drowned. Noticed the bottle was empty so I
started another one. That was 6 P.M. when I passed out. Haven't done
THAT in a couple years..Wheeeeew. Woke up just in time to watch the
special on T.V. about Blue Note records.

> By the way Tom, I'm way looser when I dring. Still chipping at your
> LW/BW
> book, great book.
>
> Long live Guiness...
>
> Pierre.
>
> PS: Hope there aren't any Belgians or Germans on the list.
> PPS: If you come to Montreal this summer, I'll show you (harp-l
> members)
> around.  (I hope you don't all show up)

  Do you take change? I have 2,034.50 in Canadian change (mostly
quarters & dimes).

  smo-joe