Re: Acoustic question

- --- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "ChipComcast"
>  Everytime I play out at a gig every thing is fine,
but my acoustic to mic techinque sounds weak, Hand
Wahs & such don't seem to be loud enough unless
> I'm slobbering all over the Shure 57 vocal mic &
then one can not project hand wahs.  I also gave up on
using a glass/coffee cup.
>   Any input from our panel of experts?

what, you don't want to hear from me? :) just
kiddin...
anyway... you mentioned a little further down that you
are also the vocalist in this group, in which case my
advice is kind of an addendum to everyone else's: you
need a 2nd mic. sound obvious, huh? but seriously. i
play a bit of acoustic in a rather loud blues band (no
comments from the peanut gallery...) and i use a vocal
mic. i've tried using the singer's mic and vice-versa,
and it's usually a no go. not that it can't be done,
but that it can be a pain, voice and harp being as
different as they are. think like an acoustic
guitarist/singer - they have 2 mics too, one for the
instrument, one for the voice. in your case, it might
work to have a mic slightly under your face, like in
michelle's example, and the vocal straight on. i'm
sure you could figure it out so they don't get too
mixed up, soundwise. if there's a PA at the gig, it
can't be too hard to run a second mic...

hey y'all, it's a beautiful day here in NYC. hope
someone's outside enjoying it!

   --Jp