Acoustic question

> In Joe Filisko's last workshop (in Germany, it was great!) he advised
> to NOT play IN the mic, but play it NEXT to the mic (my words, it is
> hard to explain in words). Imagine the mic is pointing at your right
> cheekbone (if you hold the harp in the left hand). The piece of the
> harp that is sticking out the right side of your hands is pointing at
> the mic.
That's interesting, Jervis. I understand that the built-in mike in the Electrachrome
(Hering/Harmonic Solutions) points away from the instrument so as not to pick up too
much breath noise.

I haven't done any work with a microphone yet myself - I'm still learning where the
arpeggios and scales notes are! - but it did occur to me that sometimes it would be nice
to get a breathy sound, a la Stan Getz, where the note dies away to almost nothing and
all you're left with is fff-fff-fff-fff-fff.

- -Keith