Re: Acoustic question

1.  I would try an SM 58 or a 58 beta.  Minimally, a good omnidirectional mic.

2.  Be sure that the harp is in the monitor--you might be surprised how much the mic actually picks up.

3.   For deeper, more defined hand effects, make tighter (at times, air-tight) seals with your hands.

4.  Make crisp movements with your hands.  Visualize compressing and decompressing the air between your hand and your harp.

5.  Get everyone else to turn down their respective volumes (ha!)

Good Luck!

Will

ChipComcast <jandkday@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 Hey all,

 Everytime I play out at a gig every thing is fine, but my acoustic to mic techinque sounds weak, Hand Wahs & such don't seem to be loud enough unless
I'm slobbering all over the Shure 57 vocal mic & then one can not project hand wahs.  I also gave up on using a glass/coffee cup.
  Any input from our panel of experts?

Thanks all,
James Day

Do you Yahoo!?