Re: Acoustic question

James Day writes:

..........my acoustic to mic techinque sounds weak, Hand Wahs & such don't
seem to be loud enough unless I'm slobbering all over the Shure 57 vocal mic
& then one can not project hand wahs...............

James................Two thoughts come to mind. 1) You could ask the guy at
the Board to bump up the vocal mic.  The hotter mic volume should pick up
your hand action.  If you are singing, to then you may have to adjust your
distance.  2) Try a tiny mic.  A Mad Cat Shaker would do the trick.  I've
had good success with a Radio Shack Lavilier for a lot less $$$.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt