Re: William Clarke question and story

Hey Kcmojoe,

Great Clarke story. Thanks for sharing that.

William Clarke was going for more jazzier stuff in
his later Alligator work. It was almost as if he
were playing his chromatic as a sax (to my ears).
For this era of Clarke, pick up "Serious
Intentions", "Groove Time" and "Hard Way". All
excellent!

His earlier stuff was more George Smith-influenced
and as a result a little more traditional. I adore
"Tip of the Top", "Rockin? The Boat" and "Blowin'
Like Hell".

Really, you can't go wrong.

Have fun!

Harpin' in Colorado,
- --Ken M.

=====
"When you speak of Walter Horton, the first thing you think of is his tone, that big, fat tone."
- ---Li'l Ronnie Owens