William Clarke question and story

Hi

I am blown away everytime I hear something new to me by the late great
Bill Clarke. I was wondering, what's the best recordings to get, for the
most bang for my buck? The more chromatic playing the better, or getting
the chromatic/octave style feel out of the diatonic. I can't afford to get
everything at once, so where do I continue? I have the c.d. & video that
his widow offered, and a couple stray cuts on harp compilations, but I
gotta gets me some more! There are many great players, but I am most
inspired, or relate best in my brain somehow, to his style.

A friend of mine caught a WC show one time. Only about 5 people showed up
to see him. My buddy was just starting out more or less, and of course was
digging it. It didn't matter if there were 5 people, or a full house.
After the show or during a break, they went out to Bill's van and shared a
bottle, and he told Scott that if he really wanted to do this harp scene,
he could, don't ever give up. Of course, those words stuck, and eventually
came true as a result of this major influencial discussion. Those words
were passed on to me, and just wanted to pass them on to you harp-heads
that have some kind of goal like that in the back of your mind.....

kcmojoe